To make green or “detox” juice the ingredients must include one of the following vegetables: spinach, lettuce, chard, broccoli, celery, parsley, nettles…All of these have a high chlorophyll content, which gives us the antioxidants we need to neutralise the effect of the free radicals in our body, i.e. it will help us to eliminate the toxins which have accumulated in our body. Antioxidant vegetables also help to prevent and decelerate degenerative illnesses and will allow us to stay strong and young for more years.
A good time for taking a detox juice is first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, about 30 minutes before breakfast. This juice is a drink full of nutrients, but it doesn’t have any fibre (because it all stays in the pulp), so it will not take away our appetite.
How do you make a green juice with the Chufamix?
It’s very easy. The general rule for making a green detox juice with Chufamix basically consists of using a green-leaved antioxidant vegetable, a juicy fruit or vegetable and a glass of water. It’s enough to use one ingredient from each group:
Antioxidant vegetables: chard, lettuce, spinach, nettles, celery, wheat grass…
Raw vegetables: carrot, cucumber…
Juicy fruit: Apple, pear, pineapple…
A few drops of lemon juice (optional)
A glass of water
It’s best to include a very juicy fruit or vegetable like, for example, cucumber, apple, pineapple or pear among your ingredients and to put it in the top part of the filter, i.e. it should be the first ingredient to be squeezed so that it is easier to mix the ingredients without the hand mixer’s motor suffering too much and so that it lasts us forever!
As an example, here’s the recipe for green juice made with chard, apple and lemon, since this is what we got from our vegetable garden this morning.
But as you can see, the combinations are never-ending!
- 3 chard leaves
- 1 apple (seeded)
- 1 glass of water
- a few drops of lemon juice (optional)
If possible use organic and/or local ingredients.
- Put all the ingredients into the Chufamix filter (the juiciest ingredient in the top part of the filter glass).
- Place the filter into the container and add a glass of water.
- Beat the mixture until all the ingredients are well diluted WITHOUT FORCING the hand mixer. It’s better to go slowly, respecting the hand mixer’s extraction speed, because if we force it we can burn the motor.
- Release the filter glass and squeeze out the vegetable pulp with the help of the mortar until you get the last drop of juice.
- Drink the juice and keep the pulp in the fridge for using later.
How to use the pulp
It is important to eat the leftover detox pulp because it contains the fibre and part of the food’s nutrients. There are lots of ways of doing this, for example:
- Mix it with yogurt.
- Use it as a topping for a cake.
- Make a green milkshake mixing the pulp with any homemade plant milk.
More recipes in the JUICES & TEAS secction of this blog.