We discovered the rice milk custard with fruit recipe by chance. When we started experimenting with rice grain, we realized that the homemade rice drink has a great thicken power. Since rice milk itself is a bit bland, we thought it would be a good option to add some fruit to the recipe. Thus was born the custard recipe that we share today and I hope you find it useful.
Rice milk custard with fruit recipe
Those of you who follow us already know that there are several ways to make rice milk at home. You can use the rice grains; raw, soaked, non-soaked or cooked. To make custard, it is advisable to soak the grain for 8 hours beforehand. Let’s go there.
Ingredients for 8 people:
- 100g of white rice soaked 8 hours (discard the water).
- 1 liter of hot water at 70ºC.
- 2 bananas
- 250 g strawberries (large)
- 1 teaspoon of syrup (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Fill the Vegan Milker container with 1 liter of warm water (70ºC).
- Discard the rice soaking water and place the grain inside the filter. Add the salt and blend on the turbo setting for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread the filter over the milk and press with the mortar.
- Remove the filter. Add the banana and strawberries (or 400 g of another fruit that we like more) and blend again.
- Pass the smoothie to a saucepan and heat over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- When you see that it has a creamy “yogurt-like” texture, divide it into small mason jars and let it cool.
- You may add a jam topping, put the lid on the jar and place it in the fridge. It will last between 3 and 5 days.
We already have our exquisite and super nutritious vegan custard dessert, prepared with natural rice milk, without additives or artificial preservatives.
Tips and alternatives
- You may replace the fruit with another fruit that you like or have on hand. Calculate 400g of fruit for this recipe.
- Alternatively, you can omit the fruit and add cocoa, carob or coffee and prepare a cocoa or mocha-flavored custard. In this case we will get 5 servings instead of the 8 servings of the original recipe.
- The use of sweetener is optional. If you do, you can adjust the amount to your liking or add any other ingredient you like.
Have fun discovering how tasty healthy eating can be!