The Caffè Latte recipe is our latest discovery.
The person who insisted on making coffee with Vegan Milker is a customer who wrote to us explaining that he makes it with cow’s milk. The man boils the milk in a saucepan, places the Vegan Milker filter directly into the same saucepan, adds whole coffee beans and sugar inside the filter, and emulsifies all with a hand blender.
The man was so excited about the taste of his “coffee shake” (that’s how he called it), that he insisted us to try it:
“It’s tastier than the traditional coffee with milk” he told us.
As it’s almost two decades that we do not drink cow milk, we adapted his idea to plant milks and tried to make coffee by combining it with nuts, cereals and other various seeds.
We were amazed at how well it emulsifies, extracting all the essence and aroma of the whole coffee grain.
And that is how this new coffee era of the Vegan Milker was born.
Are Vegan Milker materials safe with hot water?
Vegan Milker containers and filters are made with the best materials on the market (of European and North American origin).
After intense chemical tests carried out by Bureau Veritas and TÜV Rheinland in Germany, and by the Plastics Technology Center (AIMPLAS) in Spain, Vegan Milker has been approved to be used with water at 100º (for a maximum of 15 minutes) without any chemical or toxic compound migrating to the food or beverages that are produced. Watch Certification.
CAFFÈ LATTE Recipe
Emulsifying whole coffee beans mixed with other seeds and natural flavorings allows us to extract delicious combinations of “Caffè Latte”. We share as an example one of our favorite variants:
Ingredients for 1 liter
- 30g* of coffee beans.
- 30g* of rolled oats.
- 30g* of nuts.
- 3 pitted dates.
- 2 cm of vanilla podor 3 cm of cinnamon stick.
- * Depending on the size of your hand, 20g can correspond to approximately 1 handful.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Bring water to a boil of 100ºC (or at least 70ºC)*.
- Place the Vegan Milker filter in the casserole or in the Vegan Milker container.
- Put the ingredients in the filter.
- Add boiling water just to cover the seeds.
- Blend with your hand blender for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the water and blend with the mixer for 10 seconds.
- Optional: Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the filter and press with the mortar.
*We have confirmed that the extraction can also be carried out in the “Cold Brew” style, that is, with cold water. It changes though the acidity and bitterness of the coffee, providing a different aroma.
Expiration: 5 days in the fridge.
You already have your combination of “Caffè Latte”. Enjoy your creation right away or pour it in a bottle and put it in the fridge. The next day you can drink the coffee cold or heat it up again. It’s exquisite.
- The best plant milk for coffee
- Vegan Capuccino’s best recipe.