Making french toast with fresh rice and sesame milk.
Cheap, nutritious and delicious.
Let´s go !
Ingredients for making the milk:
- 40 grams of white rice
- 50 gr of toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 litre of water
Ingredients to make the toast:
- rice and sesame milk
- 12 slices of bread (white or brown)
- whole cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- a pinch of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of syrup ( agave or palm )
- vegan egg*: mix 4 tablespoons (not heaped) of chickpea flour with 4 tablespooons of warm water or coconut milk. Mix well until smooth and lump-free.
- sunflower oil
- Wash rice with water thoroughly.
- Add half a litre of warm water to the Vegan Milker by ChufaMix vase.
- Put the filtering attachement in the vase, add raw rice, sésame seeds and salt, and blend everything for two minutes, using the most powerful setting your hand blender offers.
- Remove the filtering attachement from the vase and lightly press the pulp with the morter so you can squeeze every reamaining bit of milk from the pulp.
- Pour milk in a saucepan. Add the cinnamon, the lemon zest and sirop (optional). Heat it on low hear for about 7 minutes, stirring often so it doesn’t burn.
- Strain the milk mixture and set aside to soak the bread. If we make the toast with dry white bread, cut the bread into 1 cm thick pieces, but if we use organic brown bread , it can be cut thinner, as it is much more solid.
- Soak the slices of bread in milk for 10 minutes, then roll them in beaten egg before frying them in a pan with plenty of oil.
- You can use some cane sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle on top of the toast.
A delicious and easy snack for the sweet toothed!