If you like spicy drinks, you may love this ginger lemonade version with spearmint. It’s an ideal lemonade to be consumed very fresh in summer with a spearmint leaf, or warm, even hot, in winter.
Lemon and ginger lemonade recipe
It’s a strong drink that combine well acidic flavours to generate a refreshing effect.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
800 ml natural water
2 large peeled lemons (250g)
50 g ginger root
2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
Mint for garnish
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Peel the lemons and check for seeds. Lemon seeds have an unpleasant taste and can spoil the drink.
- Wash and chop the ginger root.
- Fill the container with water and fit the Vegan Milker filter inside.
- Put the lemon, ginger and sugar into the filter and blend for 1 minute with the hand blender.
- Lift the filter over the drink and press the pulp with the mortar.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve with ice and a spearmint leaf.
Improve your immune system with winter lemonade
In winter you can make also the same lemonade, but with hot water at 60ºC. It’s highly recommended to add a teaspoon of turmeric and half a teaspoon of black pepper among the ingredients. Some people also avoid sugar and substitute it with ½ clove of garlic.
The sum of all the ingredients used for this hot lemonade will have a preventive effect against winter typical constipation. It is a natural elixir that helps to strengthen the immune system.
The result will be a very concentrated and medicinal drink to be taken in small daily doses of 50ml (one shot glass).
Leftover lemonade can even be frozen as ice cubes for later consumption throughout the winter.
For more juice recipes go through: