Thanks to spanish friends of Iberian Pistachios, who help us in the creation process of the pistachio milk recipe at BioFach fair 2014 , which allowed us to prepare the recipe with pistachio 100% quality .
- 1 liter of water
- 150g of pistachios
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or guarapo*
- salt (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into the filtering glass and beat all for a minute or so.
- To strain the milk, firstly removed the pulp with a wooden spoon until it is quite thick .
- Finally press the pulp gently with the mortar extracting the last drops of the delicious drink .
It is made with cold water, but if you want, it also can be made with warm or hot water
( never more than 60 ° C) .
Tips and Alternatives
- For the amount of pistachio used in the recipe, it is a concentrated and very tasty milk, so we prefer to call “ orxata “. You can make the same recipe with less pistachios (50 to 100g ). In that case we will get a lighter plant milk , also very healthy and nutritious.
- The guarapo* is a syrup or a molasses obtained from the Canarian Palm Tree .
- The pulp of this recipe is delicious, it´s like a páte, ideal for spreading it as it is. Of course , it can also be flavored with herbs, garlic, etc to get another taste or nutritional properties.
Bon appetit !
Thank you very much for this nice recipe. I’ll try this as soon as possible.
Hope to be nice for you! It is amazing for me. Cheers!